NSA Opens Constituency Games Planning to Media Ahead of October 2026 Launch

9 0

The National Sports Authority (NSA) has opened the planning process for its flagship Constituency Games to media organisations, as part of a new consultative approach ahead of a proposed October 2026 rollout.

 

Speaking at a media engagement held at the ESP Hotel on Friday, August 21, 2026, Samson Deen, Chairman of the NSA Governing Board’s Resource Mobilisation and Partnership Committee, said the media would be involved from the planning stage rather than being engaged only after key decisions had been made.

 

Deen described the engagement as a professional “stress test” designed to identify potential weaknesses, challenge assumptions and strengthen the Games before implementation. He explained that the proposed programme is expected to run for six months in phases, subject to final validation and approval.

The NSA is also developing a Constituency Games handbook that will incorporate inputs from stakeholders and provide guidelines on logistics, venues, budgeting, financial discipline and operational responsibilities.

 

As part of the proposed media partnership, media organisations have been invited to submit recommendations on fairness, safety and verification. They have also been asked to nominate newsroom focal persons and monitor at least one constituency from the registration stage through to the final outcomes.

Deen assured the media that the NSA would provide timely and verified information while clearly distinguishing confirmed decisions from proposals under consideration.

 

He said stakeholder consultations would continue as the Authority works to complete preparations for the proposed October 2026 commencement of the Constituency Games.

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *