NSA Report Alleged Threat Against Director General Yaw Ampofo Ankrah to The Police

6 0

The National Sports Authority (NSA) has lodged a formal complaint with the Ghana Police Service following an alleged threat against its Director-General, Mr Yaw Ampofo Ankrah.

 

In a public statement issued on August 18, 2026, the NSA said its attention had been drawn to a video circulating on TikTok in which Mr Michael Nii Ayitey Okai, also known as Ayitey Powers, is alleged to have threatened to shoot the Director-General.

The NSA strongly condemned the alleged threat, describing the matter as serious and one that requires the appropriate attention of the security authorities.

According to the statement, the formal complaint has been lodged with the Ghana Police Service, with the NSA indicating that it is fully cooperating with the Police to facilitate the necessary investigation and appropriate action.

 

The Authority also sought to assure its staff, stakeholders and the general public that the safety of Mr Ampofo Ankrah remains a priority.

 

“The NSA wishes to assure its staff, stakeholders and the general public that the Director-General is safe,” the statement said.

 

It added that the Director-General, together with the staff of the NSA, remains focused on the mandate of the Authority and will continue to work diligently in the best interest of Ghana’s sports ecosystem.

 

The NSA further reaffirmed its commitment to the safety and well-being of its staff and stakeholders and said it would continue to cooperate fully with the appropriate authorities in addressing the matter.

 

By: SheSports

Related Post

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *